Free Tax Clinic
FREE TAX PREPARATION
As a member of the Boston Tax Help Coalition, we offer free tax preparation for hard-working Dorchester residents and families. Anyone who worked in the previous year and made less than a certain amount, can get their taxes prepared and filed for free. Clinics usually run from February through the tax filing deadline. The 2022 tax clinic is open!
Call 617-822-8182 to set up an appointment.
Trained tax volunteers staff the clinic and, in addition to preparing and filing the tax returns, provide services including credit counseling, benefit screening, and FAFSA assistance.
Please bring the following items to your tax site:
- Social Security Card (or Taxpayer ID Number-ITIN) for you, your children, and your spouse
- Proof of Health Insurance: Bring your 1099HC or Health Insurance Card(s) for you and all family members
- All W-2 forms
- All 1099 forms: 1099G for unemployment and/or 1099R for pension payments
- All 1098T forms for tuition payments and receipts for books and materials
- Total childcare expenses for the previous year, and the name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Social Security Number for your child care provider(s)
- 1098E forms for student loan interest paid
- Total rent paid last year
- Any mail from the IRS
- A copy of the previous year’s tax return
- Your bank account and routing numbers to directly deposit your refund
- Total real estate taxes paid last year (if applicable)
- Proof of sales tax and fees paid if you bought a car after February 16th, of the previous year (if applicable)
- All closing documents for all first-time homebuyers (if applicable)
Wellness & Fitness Center
450 Washington Street, Dorchester 02124
Mondays and Tuesdays 4 pm – 8 pm
Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm