Become a Patient
- Call our Patient Service Center at 617-825-9660 between 8 am and 7 pm Monday – Friday to speak with one of our representatives about becoming a patient and scheduling your first appointment.
- We accept all kinds of health insurance. Need insurance? Our insurance enrollment representatives can help you find the best health insurance for you and your family.
- Don’t forget to check what you should bring to your first appointment.
- Selecting a Primary Care Doctor/Provider (PCP) is an important step in becoming a part of the Codman Square Health Center family. Our Patient Service Center staff can help you figure out which providers have the most availability.
Please take the time to review the doctors featured in our Provider Directory. Whomever you choose, we want you to feel comfortable asking questions and spending time with your doctor.
Why should you be a patient at Codman Square Health Center?
- You get exceptional, personal care from a specialized care team.
- Our convenient services include an extensive list of primary, specialty, and preventive care services.
- We have a multilingual, culturally diverse staff, many of whom live in the community.
- Our facility is state-of-the-art with on-site Radiology, Phlebotomy, and Pharmacy services.
- We offer integrated services, which means that during your primary care appointments you can also speak with a nutritionist, a behavioral health specialist, and others.
- We are a neighborhood-focused organization — our Board of Directors is made up of local leaders and residents, and all our work looks toward making Dorchester the best urban community in America.
Codman Square Health Center commits to:
- Offer discounted fees for patients who qualify.
- Not deny services based on a person’s:
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
Your First Appointment
The first time you visit us at Codman you need to:
- Know any health conditions you have currently or have had in the past
- Know any major health conditions that your family (parents, siblings, grandparents) has currently or has had in the past
- Bring your health insurance card if you have one (you will need this card at every visit)
- Bring a list of any medications you are taking (or bring the medications themselves)
During your first visit, we will:
- Help you fill out necessary forms
- Help you choose a primary care provider
- Explain how to make appointments and get access to all of the Health Center’s services
- Make any appointments you need with providers and/or with insurance services
By the end of your visit, you should know:
- The answers to all of your questions; if not, schedule a follow-up visit, or check with registration to determine who may best answer your questions
- What your treatment plan is (i.e., medications, referrals, other services, follow-up visits)
- What medications you will be taking, how to take them, possible side-effects and why you are taking them
- The date and time of any lab tests or follow-up appointment
If you are ever unable to attend a scheduled appointment:
- PLEASE CALL 24 hours in advance if you cannot keep your scheduled appointment
- Your cancellation will allow us to offer that appointment to another sick patient
- Also, please keep your records updated; tell us about changes in your address or telephone number
Join the 22,000+ people from the Greater Dorchester area who come to Codman for their health care. We welcome new patients to the Codman family.
Call our Patient Service Center 617-825-9660 or just fill out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields