Codman has operated in Dorchester for more than 40 years as a resource for improving the physical, mental, and social well-being of the community by relying on a combination of funding types. Reimbursement from insurers and the government for medical care is the a major contributor to our daily operations. Grant funding and private donations enable us to expand our services and do activities such as outreach, innovation, and projects that work toward population-level change.
Read some patient stories to get an idea of what Codman can do for our patients and community. We are happy to accept any donations and keep in touch with our donors with updates about health center activities.
Here Is How Your Donation Will Help:
- $25 supports one household to receive free income tax preparation services at our Earned Income Tax Clinic
- $50 covers a group nutritional counseling session for patients newly diagnosed with diabetes
- $70 covers the administration of influenza, pneumococcal, or hepatitis B vaccine
- $100 covers a comprehensive oral evaluation or a hearing examination
- $125 pays a breathing assessment for a patient with asthma or COPD
- $150 covers a preventive behavioral health counseling session
- $350 covers a screening or diagnostic mammography
- $2,500 supports a high school student intern’s hands-on health care career experience
- $3,000 pays for a year of books provided to our pediatric patients to encourage reading
- $5,000 covers supplies for our food pantry for a full year
- $10,000 allows 200 people to get a rapid HIV test
- $25,000 covers one month of supplies and equipment for our state-of-the-art diagnostic laboratory