We offer financial health services such as free tax clinics, one-on-one credit counseling sessions, personal finance workshops and training of community members to assist others in maintaining their credit health.
FREE TAX PREPARATION
As a member of the Boston Tax Help Coalition (formerly EITC), we offer free tax preparation for hard working Dorchester families. Taxpayers who earned less than $54,000 in the previous tax year can have their taxes prepared for free and claim important tax credits such as the EITC.
- The program is staffed by committed tax volunteers who are trained to prepare tax returns and help taxpayers access additional services including credit counseling, benefit screening and FAFSA assistance.
- Please bring the following items to your tax site:
· Social Security Card (or Taxpayer ID Number-ITIN) for you, your children, and your spouse
· Proof of Health Insurance- bring your 1099HC or Health Insurance Card(s) for you and all family members
· All W-2 forms
· All 1099 forms-1099G for unemployment and/or 1099R for pension payments
· All 1098T forms for tuition payments and receipts for books and materials
· Total childcare expenses last year and the name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number for your child care provider(s)
· 1098E forms for student loan interest paid
· Total rent paid last year
· Any mail from the IRS
· A copy of last year’s tax return
· Your bank account and routing numbers to directly deposit your refund
· Total real estate paid last year (if applicable)
· Proof of sales tax and fees paid if you bought a car after February 16th, of last year (if applicable)
· All closing documents for all first-time homebuyers (if applicable)
Clinics run from January 21, 2017 to April, 2017
Wellness & Fitness Center
450 Washington Street, Dorchester
Mondays and Tuesdays 4:00pm-8:00pm
Taxpayers earning less than $54,000/year